So, Lucy's been sucking her thumb for the past month. I try to force the binky but she doesn't like it. I swaddle her really tight when she naps but somehow she wiggles her hands out of the blanket. I must admit, I think it's cute right now but it won't be cute when she's 1 year old. She got it from D.R. He sucked his thumb 'til the 7th grade. I'm not kidding. He had to have an appliance put in his mouth so he couldn't get any suction. He said the first night he had that thing in his mouth he cried himself to sleep.
New Upcycle Ideas 840
4 days ago
Brynna-
ReplyDeleteIt's Jessie (Chivers) Spiers. You have such an adorable little family. And little Lucy looks just like you. What a lucky gal. I don't really have any advice on the thumb sucking, but it sure is cute. Layla wouldn't suck on her binky or her thumb, and it made some nights long. Just enjoy your peace and quiet, even if it means braces in the future :)
I love it. Further more, I love her. Cutest little thing on the earth. And, is it just me, or does D.R. do a lot of crying?
ReplyDeleteYou know, I sucked my thumb until I was five or six. My parents bribed my with a cat if I stopped. It worked! And all those rumors about crooked teeth, I don't buy it. My teeth are straight! She's adorable.
ReplyDeleteI actually wish Miles would suck his thumb a pacifier, anything! hehe A couple of my nieces sucked their thumb and it wasn't too big of an ordeal for them to stop. Well nothing a little incentive couldn't cure.
ReplyDeleteHello! Thought I'd chime in...
ReplyDeleteMyla never sucked her thumb but I've heard of hand guards? Also little gloves or socks over her hands might help. My friends has an 19 month old she's trying to break and she said it's miserable.... I'd try now if I were you ha.
It sure is cute though....
Whitney
Ok! I went through this with Joleen the sooner you can get her to stop the better. 5th grade for Jo and braces later. She has AWESOME teeth now. HHAHAHA! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI agree its cute now but it wont be later. good luck with this and you know you could just get the mouth peice earlier for her?!?!
ReplyDeletehahaha. so cute
ReplyDelete