... Deep in the heart of TEXAS...
Last week DR and I went to San Antonio with his parents for a RV Convention. We had a ball! Our hotel was right on the famous River Walk. The River Walk is full of karaoke bars, delicious restaurants, never ending ice cream and many boat rides. Susan and I shopped and toured while the boys were at their meetings. At night we'd meet up and go to dinner, go dancing, tour around some more, and walk the River Walk while eating ice cream. One of the days we drove to the ocean for seafood and feeding the seagulls. I'd never thought of taking a vacation to San Antonio but both of us said we would go again. Loved it. Thanks Brad and Susan!
Boat ride on the San Antonio River
The River Walk was so adorable
Self portrait of course....
Dancing at the Buckhorn Saloon
Brad and Susan were gettin' down with their bad selves!
Brad actually surprised me. He knew his stuff.
Yes, those really are 40 ft. tall cowboy boots. These were in front of the
mall where Susan and I spent all our husbands money.
Susan's sister Sonya and her husband Rod surprised us and
flew down to San Antonio to spend the week with us.
Who knew he had such great balance?
It must have been those ballet classes his mom made him take when he was younger. No lie. Ask him about the brown duck costume.
DR was a natural at feeding the seagulls.
Me.... not so much. They weren't afraid to eat right out of your hands!
DR wanted to see if they would eat a Cheeto out of his mouth.
I'm sure they would have but he pulled away just in time.
I'm kind of a history geek. I loved all the old buildings. This is the San Fernando Cathedral. They believe that the defenders of the Alamo are buried underneath this church. This is the second oldest Cathedral in the US.
Last but not least... The ALAMO!
umm you are adorable in every single picture. Not fair!!
ReplyDeleteI miss you!
San Antonio looks like a lot of fun, I've heard really great things about it. I love the San Fernando Cathedral.... please tell me you started pointing out all the architectural elements to DR! Oh and cute outfits in every picture, I need to travel with you so you can tell me what to wear!
ReplyDeleteLoved your post! This is going to sound crazy, but I'm glad we can keep in touch through blogging...it's fun to see everything you got to do. Looks like a blast and that picture of you feeding the seagulls is still making me laugh.
ReplyDeleteI had no idea you had a blog that I have been missing out on. i am glad you had so much fun in Texas you are so fashionable it hurts.
ReplyDeleteI don't know how I've not kept up on your blog, but it looks like you and DR are having a good time. I think we need to meet up one of these days. How long as it been now, three years?!
ReplyDelete