This project has been going on for about two years now. When we lived in Salt Lake I found this head board on KSL for $80. When I bought it, it was painted metallic gold with yellow upholstery. Yuck. But I knew it had potential. First I painted it black, then cream, then I replaced the yellow upholstery with the green. (Funny side note... It had two matching nightstands for $40 each. We didn't get them because we didn't have the money at the time. You know, poor college students. I tried to buy them a month later and they were gone. I could have kicked myself. We ended up finding some nightstands that matched pretty dang close. They were far from $40 but I'm happy to have a finished bedroom.) Then for the past year I've been looking for fabric so I could make the bedding, drapery, pillows etc. This is what I came up with. I know it's a little out there. DR was definitely surprised. The only reason he's okay with it is because there are animals on the bedspread. It's easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission!
New Upcycle Ideas 846
1 week ago
it might be out there a little but its cute!1
ReplyDeleteOMG!!! I LOVE your headboard! (And the bedding too) You did an amazing job! (Of course)
ReplyDeleteThis totally looks like a DR bedroom :) I love it bryn!! Miss you and need to see you asap.
ReplyDeletegorgeous!!! that's the most beautiful headboard ever!
ReplyDeleteYou're so talented...well done. When I ever have my own house, will you come decorate for me?
ReplyDeleteI absolutely love the headboard! It looks like a grand mantel. Nice work!
ReplyDeleteI love it!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE LOVE LOVE it, it is out there but I would love something like that! The men are typically happy if you are happy!
ReplyDelete