10.11.2010

Introducing....Lucy Virginia Horrocks!!

Our baby girl is finally here!  She was born Saturday, October 9, 2010, 10:20 AM.  She weighed 5 lbs. 14 oz. and was 19 3/4 inches long.  It kind of took us by surprise because she was 5 days early.  Here's how it went down.....
Friday I had a doctors appointment and was dialated to a 2 and 90% effaced.  Before I left I joked with the doctor that he should induce me on the 10th so her birthday could be 10/10/10.  He said " I don't think you'll make it through the weekend, we might even see you tonight".  Sheer panic swept across my face, I even started to sweat a little.  I made a bunch of phone calls and ran home to finish packing my hospital bags.  That night I didn't feel any different and went to bed a little let down that I hadn't felt any contractions.  At about midnight I started to feel them pretty strong.  I layed in bed for the next two hours trying to time them.  At about 2:00 AM I decided to call my mom and tell her what was going on.  She told me to go to the hospital.  We grabbed our bags and off we went!  I got an epidural at about 4:00 AM, the doctor broke my water at 5:30 AM.  After the epidural, I was pain free and only pushed for about an hour.  Labor was not as big of a deal as I had pictured in my mind.  I was surprised.  
When I first started pushing, DR was getting a little light headed.  I finally convinced him to just look and see that it wasn't that bad.  After he looked, he wanted to deliver the baby himself!  He said if he could deliver cow and sheep he could do a baby.   He asked Dr. Breitenbach if he could help deliver and he said sure.  It was a really cool experience for DR and I both.



This is how I felt about DR delivering our baby.....

He literally did it all by himself.  The doctor stood behind him and coached him through it.



I was so hungry afterwards!  Nothing like a 7-11 donut.




Gifts from my hubby.  The boots and hat on the right is a lamp he picked out all by himself.


Ready to go home!  

12 comments:

  1. oh congrats she is so stinkin cute, i cant wait to see more pictures i love her hair and her little nose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brynna, she is beautiful. I'm glad everything went well with the delivery process. Enjoy that little girl:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You prob think Im stalking you.. here and facebook Im everywhere. haha again congrats Im so happy for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is such a little doll! And DR...thats awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. she is such a little dolly! lovin her!!!!so proud of the horrock fam! I knew DR couldn't stay above the knees. so glad you all got to experience an awesome delivery! you deserve it. now next on the agenda... lucy needs to meet auntie keish.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Brynna and DR... what an awesome birthing story!! Lucy is absolutely beautiful!!! Take LOTS of pictures! In a month she'll be a completely different little person!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're a mom!! Congrats, she's so adorable. I can't wait to hear all about your adventures of raising this cute little Lucy! Love the name. Love you! And I'm so happy for you and DR.

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATS!! she is beautiful!! and way to go Dr. DR, that is so amazing! he really does look like the Dr. in some of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. She's beautiful! It's such a neat experience! Braden did the same 'light headedness' @ first then got more into it than I did! I felt like he was the one having the baby! Ha! I'm so glad everything went well! Love her dark hair! AND her name, what a pretty name!!! Little Lucy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats! Glad everything went well and you're settling into your new family! Can't wait to meet her!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats! that is soo awesome she is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brynna this is so exciting! Man I miss the Henderson Clan--- you guys are the best

    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete