Wednesday May 9th I had a doctors appointment. I was dilated to a 5/6! So he stripped my membranes to help speed along the process. We scheduled for induction on Friday because my doctor was leaving town. That was at 2:00 pm.
I went home and finished painting an old armoire I am re-doing. By 4:00pm, I was having pretty strong contractions about 6 minutes apart. I still didn't think I was in labor because I had been having similar contractions the entire week. So I loaded up Lucy and I to head to my moms house to hang out for a bit, just so I wasn't alone while I was in pain. When I got to my mom's house no one was there. So I laid on the grass and watched Lucy play on the swings. My little brother Kevin pulled up around 4:45pm. As soon as he walked in the door I told him I was going to the hospital NOW! So I left him with Lucy and I rushed out the door.
I didn't want to go alone and DR wasn't answering his phone so I picked up my mom from work on the way to the hospital. My mom offered to drive but I told her there wasn't time to switch drivers. She was a little scared on the drive there because I was having contractions while tailgating the car in front of us. As we're walking into the hospital, I call DR one more time and tell his secretary to tell him his wife is in labor.
We get to the hospital at 5:00 and I'm already dilated to an 8. I am in excruciating pain. To anyone who has done child birth naturally, you're crazy. I tell the nurse to get me an epidural, IMMEDIATELY! DR gets there in time to see me at my finest. I'm shaking uncontrollably and crying in pain. The nurse checks me again and I'm at a 9. I couldn't believe how fast this was happening. The nurse then says that I need to make a decision if I want to go natural or not because it was time to push. I knew the anesthesiologist had to be close at this point so I opted to wait a few more minutes for the epidural.
While going through those last few contractions, my blood was just boiling. I told my mom to be quiet and DR to quit breathing on me. It really was like the movies when the wife is being snappy to the husband. Just when I thought I couldn't bear anymore pain, the epidural shows up. Seriously within 5 minutes, I was numb from my belly clear down to my toes. It was lovely. About 45 min. later, our sweet boy was lying on my chest.
So.....meet Ledger Bradley Horrocks
May 9, 2012
6:40 pm
6 lbs. 14 oz.
19.5 inches
Here are a few pictures that Chelsea Roth took of Ledger. I love them all, it was hard to pick my favorites.










Amazing. Youre amazing!! Great job. You look great and after hearing that story Im totally jealous.
ReplyDeleteYou are adorable!! your story made me laugh out loud when you were being "snappy" cause i have totally been there!! glad it all went well!!!
ReplyDeletehe is absolutely beautiful! i love new little babies. congratulations to yall! I'm sure Lucy just loves him to pieces.
ReplyDeleteOh my word, I am so glad you were able to get the epidural at the LAST minute! It sounds like something right out of a movie, I can't believe you were that dilated in the car, painful!! He is beautiful, you look beautiful, I'm so happy for you, DR and sweet little Lucy! Congratulations!!!
ReplyDeleteI feel like I just relived my labor story reading this...although, mine didn't happen quite so fast and I got the epidural when I was at a 5...but those awesome pains had been going on for 33 hours by then. The joys of child birth, that's all I have to say. I hope you're doing well, he's darling!
ReplyDeleteYou guys he is so gorgeous! Such a tiny little sweetie! Glad all is well, you have such a sweet little family. Congrats!
ReplyDelete