6.01.2011

Muddy Memories


Over the 3 day weekend, we went camping with DR's family. We had horrible weather all 3 days and even woke up to 8 inches of snow one morning. We spent a lot of time by the fire or in our campers where I was able to beat DR in a few board games. He hates to lose! hehehe Despite the bad weather, we had a great time.
This sums up my relationship with my father-in-law. We're always picking on each other. By the way Brad, you owe me a ribeye steak.
Sue Nana loves baby Lucy.
Like I said before, we woke up to 8 inches of snow on the last day. We weren't sure if we could get the camper out but we thought we would try. Most of the snow had melted but it was pretty muddy. By the time we figured out we couldn't get the camper out, the truck was stuck. And I mean stuck. Unfortunately, we were all alone. Everyone else had gone home and we didn't have reception to call for help. So for 2 1/2 hours DR would jack up the truck and I would put rocks and logs under the tires. It was so muddy that the rocks and logs would just get pushed under the mud. So after repeating that process 4 or 5 times we were free! Well, sort of. I was driving while DR was pushing and as soon as we were out of the mud I got the truck high centered on a rock. Ugh! So we jacked up the truck yet again and muscled our way off the rock. I kept thinking DR was going to lose his temper but he never did. It was even his idea to get the camera out and take some pictures. He said we were making memories. We're pretty sure the truck has some damage from the rock though. The truck shimmied the whole way down the mountain. Sorry babe.
I was so glad to have my rain boots!

3 comments:

  1. You cut your hair! It looks so stinkin cute. Oh, and I'm glad your into the camping thing, I need to be more like you. Glad you had fun making memories. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you took pictures. Jesse and I are dying. Wish us luck this weekend- I hope it's dried out by then. P.S. LOVE the picture of DR and Lucy where she's smiling so big. Super cute (and love the new Gymber hat)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How is it possible that you are still cute as ever camping? I mean seriously, how do you do it?

    I'm glad DR didn't loose his temper or patience while you were getting un-stuck! Good boy!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete